Erectile Dysfunction (ED) can be a difficult conversation both individually or as a couple. What you need to know about erectile dysfunction is that most men, at some point in their life, occasionally experience difficulty with achieving an erect penis.
If you are reluctant to talk about it, don’t be. Take a look at these statistics.
- 1 in 10 men is estimated to have moderate to severe ED at some point in his lifetime. (Cleveland Clinic, 2019)
- ED affects about 10% of men per decade of life. (University of Wisconsin Health, 2019)
- Severe ED was more common in younger men (49%) than in older men (40%). (The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2013)
- The majority (79%) of men with ED are overweight. (Polski Merkuriusz Lekarski, 2014)
Erectile dysfunction can occur for many reasons:
- As a result of the side effect of a particular medication
- From vascular disease, neurological disease, diabetes or prostate-related treatments
- Stress about sexual performance or stress in your life in general
- Guilt about sexual performance or certain sexual activities
- Excessive alcohol intake or smoking
- Unhealthy lifestyle
These steps can help you overcome ED and enjoy a better sex life
- Walk for good sex
30 minutes of walking a day, according to one Harvard study saw 41% drop in risk for ED. Researches also suggest that moderate exercise can help restore sexual performance in obese middle-aged men.
- Eat a nutritious well-balanced diet
Eating a diet rich in natural foods like fruit, vegetables, whole grains, fish and with fewer processed meat and refined grains decreased the likelihood of ED.
- Take care of your vascular health
High blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol can all damage the heart and the brain that can lead to the penis causing erectile dysfunction. Also, you should know about erectile dusfunction is that being obese or overweight puts you at high risk.
- Move your thing
Pelvic floor exercises help keep blood from leaving the penis by pressing on a key vein and enhance rigidity during erections. Daily sets of Kegel exercises combined with simple lifestyle changes can help you sidestep this condition.
Want to learn more about what to know about erectile dysfunction? Get answers to your questions about erectile dysfunction or find a holistic practitioner specific to your needs.